Adulting is hard. #BiblicalAdulting is harder.
Welcome to #BiblicalAdulting! This is where you can find the outline & scriptures from each week’s discussion.
What is the Difference between Legalism & Church Attendance?
- Is church necessary?
- What is the difference between church & fellowship? is there one?
- Is there a time when we shouldn’t go to church?
- What is Legalism?
a. The doctrine that salvation is gained through good works.
b. The judging of conduct in terms of adherence to precise laws.
Related Scriptures (NIV):
- Acts 2:42 (About Fellowship)
- “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”
- 1 John 1:3 (About Fellowship)
- “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.”
- 1 John 1:7 (About Fellowship)
- “But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.”
- Matthew 18:15 (About Accountability)
- “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.”f
- Acts 9:31 (Is Church important)
- “Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.”
- Romans 7:4 (Church Body & Legalism)
- “So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.”