January 22, 4 PM – FMC Church Conference
- Official vote as a church membership on whether or not to disaffiliate from the UMC.
- According to the rules of the North Texas Conference, only members of FMC who are present are eligible to vote.
- Registration and sign-in can be lengthy. Please arrive early if possible.
January 24, 7 PM – Church Council meeting
- All Church Council meetings are open to anyone.
- We will hear recommendations concerning next steps for the future of FMC. The Board of Trustees needs to know as soon as possible where FMC will affiliate in order to complete the separation process.
January 29 – “What’s Next?” FMC Church Family Lunch
- Immediately following the 10:30 AM worship service, a lunch will be held to hear the recommendations of the Church Council and discuss FMC’s options.
February 5 – FMC church vote to set denominational affiliation
- Following the 10:30 AM worship service: all church vote on future affiliation.
- Pending church approval to disaffiliate.
March 4, 10 AM – UMC North Texas Conference Special Conference Session
- The North Texas Conference will vote on approval of disaffiliating churches.
March 31, 2023 – Effective Date of Disaffiliation
- Pending approval of FMC and the North Texas Conference
Childcare through Kindergarten will be available for the January 22, 29, and February 5 church meetings. Contact the church office at (469) 568-1240 to let us know if you have special needs or questions.