Our Roadmap to Reopening is a journey. Things may change, and we may have to take a few detours. We don’t know when we’ll arrive at “normal" again. But just like on a road trip, we can spend our time asking “Are we there yet?” or we can see the journey – and the people we are with – as just as important as the destination.
We know not everyone is ready to return to public gatherings, and there is no pressure - we'll be here when you're ready! We will continue to stream our worship services and offer Online Core Groups for the foreseeable future.
Join us on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. - our Bishop has given us permission to have on campus worship services! First Kids Nursery will provide care for infants - 4-year-olds, and older children will sit with their families. (We'll have beefed up Wiggler Packets available, as well as the online First Kids lesson they could watch on a device with headphones.) No need to pre-register this week - come if you feel comfortable doing so!
Some of our preventative measures include:
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks while onsite, unless leading worship from the stage.
- We will provide hand sanitizer stations and masks for those who wish to use them.
- Clearly marked waiting areas will be available under the portico and in the foyer. Hospitality hosts will direct the traffic flow areas.
- Ushers will direct groups into the sanctuary. Households or those who arrived in the same vehicle may sit together.
- Chairs will be pre-arranged for families and individuals with six feet of separation.
- We will sanitize the restrooms before, during, and after the service.
- Following the service, the ushers will dismiss the congregation one row at a time.
- If/when we have multiple services, we will sanitize all areas between services.
We will be asking everyone to:
- Practice social distancing of six feet.
- Respect the personal space of others with grace.
- Wash hands frequently and/or use the hand sanitizing stations
- Consider wearing a mask to protect others (in case you are unknowingly infected without symptoms yet).
- If, in the past week, you have had a fever over 99.6, a cough, a sore throat, or exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please worship with us online.
As you approach the building, there will be three socially-distanced lines under the portico. Wait in the line where you would like to sit - near the left, center, or right aisle - unless you have children attending the nursery (see below). People who arrived in the same vehicle may sit together. Our hospitality hosts will let you in the foyer in groups, and then ushers will escort you into the sanctuary.
First Kids Nursery Procedures
- Families with nursery age children can go to the line on the right side of the portico, and they will be taken inside to check in at the kiosks in the foyer. (#FastPass!)
- Parents and children will follow the designated walking path to the double doors that open to the nursery hallway.
- At the double doors leading to the nursery hallway, the Nursery Director will take the temperatures of parents and children. If anyone in the family has a temperature greater than 99.6, we will ask you to return home and worship with us online.
- To minimize exposure, parents will not be allowed in the nursery hallway. Staff will take children to their classrooms.
- At the end of the service, the nursery staff will take children to Fellowship Hall. When a parent’s row is dismissed by the ushers, they will follow the designated path to the double doors of the sanctuary that lead to Fellowship Hall.
- The Nursery Director will meet them at the double doors and call for their child via walkie talkie. Their child will be brought to them, and then the parents will return to the dismissal lines exiting the sanctuary.
- We are asking both nursery staff and parents to sign an Acknowledgement Disclosure form in regards to COVID-19 and its risks and their responsibilities in assisting the precautions listed to limit the risks and the spread of COVID-19 to the First Methodist Nursery staff and families.
- If you would like more information about our safety and cleaning protocols, click here to read our procedure document for First Kids Nursery.
Our campus is open for limited weekday activities. The church office is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m - 5 p.m. Groups of up to 15 can meet at the church, while observing social distancing (6 feet of separation between individuals not in the same household). If your group would like to meet at the church, you will need to let us know here.
END Zone (grades 5-6) and Youth (grades 7-12) are meeting in person every other Wednesday night and online via Zoom on the alternate weeks (allowing 14 days between on campus gatherings). Join our First Kids and Youth Facebook groups to get the most recent updates.
Summer Adventures Camp, hosted by our preschool directors for infants - grade 5, will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 16-July 30.
Sunday morning classes for all ages, as well as our fellowship time, will be a later destination. For the time being, worship is our first priority in this journey.
We post updates here, on our social media channels, and we'll send emails as soon as we have more information. Thanks for your faithful perseverance as we road trip together!