We are seeking a full-time Director of Worship, Music, and Arts to further First Methodist Carrollton’s mission of filling every neighborhood with the Good News of God’s love through engaging and energetic worship experiences. The ideal candidate has a heart for leading worship and connecting with people to invite them into relationship with Christ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilites
- Organize and facilitate engaging weekly worship services for a multi-generational congregation
- Recruit, develop, and coordinate rotating service teams of musicians including:
- Vocals – lead and backing vocalists using microphones
- Band – guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, and piano
- Orchestra – brass, woodwinds, strings, and percussion
- Choirs – Adult choir and coordination with kids’ choir for special occasions
- Acquire and/or create orchestrations, and arrangements for our repertoire
- Assist with training and mentoring of Youth musicians and the Youth band as needed
- Develop and oversee the Music and Arts budget
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- A deep spiritual relationship with Jesus
- A calling to bring passion and excitement to a blended-style worship experience
- A track record of growing a worship program in a medium to large church environment
- Strong musical theory and composition skills
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in organizing and leading volunteer-based teams
- Proficiency in multi-track layering enhancement software such as Ableton Live
- Bachelor’s degree in Music with Master’s degree in related fields preferred
- 40–50 hours per week requiring flexibility in schedule to meet requirements.
- Evening and weekend hours required.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and any worship leading samples to firstname.lastname@example.org