We are seeking a full-time Director of Worship, Music, and Arts who will further First Methodist Carrollton’s vision of filling every neighborhood with the Good News of God’s love through developing and facilitating dynamic, inspiring, engaging, and energetic worship experiences.
Worship is more than just great music and stage presence; worship is an experience; it is an expression of our recognition for who God is and a thankfulness for His goodness. We are looking for someone who can bring great energy to our worship experience and lead the congregation in excellent modern worship while honoring tradition, incorporating the worship team, instrumentals, and other art forms.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has proficiency in both singing and playing an instrument, with the ability to lead the congregation and worship team while playing, including the verbal and musical ability to segue between songs and provide musical interludes as appropriate for the uninterrupted flow of worship.
- Is fluent in Christian contemporary worship style. See below for our definition of this.
- Has the ability to recruit, train, empower, and lead a team of both volunteer and paid musicians.
- Is passionate about Jesus and places a high value of excellence in worship.
- Is organized and manages time effectively.
- Exhibits a spirit of cooperation and teamwork among the worship team, including but not limited to vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Is experienced as a strong communicator verbally, in writing, and in listening skills.
- Is future-focused and innovative, introducing unique ways for worship to be experienced.
- Is ready and willing to become invested in this church as your church home.
- Has proficiency in utilizing tracks and stems to add additional instrumentation to the worship experience.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably music, with experience as a worship leader.
- Serve and support the vision, mission, and strategic plan of the church.
- Work in collaboration with pastoral and worship staff to plan and cast a vision for weekly and special worship service experiences.
- Develop and implement processes and policies that encourage excellence in Worship.
- Create, plan, coordinate, and lead all music for weekly and special worship service experiences.
- Build, inspire, and lead a team of volunteer and paid band musicians and vocalists.
- Build a strong and cohesive team with the Communications and Production Directors.
- Oversee and manage the Music & Arts budget.
Definition of Christian Contemporary Worship at FMC:
Each worship service usually includes 4-5 songs that coincide with the Pastor’s sermon or series in which they are preaching. Song selections often come using the recent works from such artists as Jesus Culture, Bethel, Rend, Phil Wickam, Hillsong, etc. The band typically has drums, guitars, and keyboard/piano and generally includes 2-3 singers with microphones in addition to the lead Worship Director. This is a group of paid professional musicians as well as volunteer musicians from the congregation. We also enjoy the cello a couple of times a month and utilize Mainstage tracks to fill in the instrumentation as needed.
Occasional use of choirs and string/brass/wind instruments is helpful for special events.
The worship director, using contemporary songs (currently being played on Christian radio) with occasional updated hymns in a Spirit-led manner will develop an intentional experience to encourage the congregation to praise God and gain an understanding of Christ’s teachings so they can go deeper in their relationship with Christ and spread the Gospel.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and any worship leading samples to email@example.com