We continue our Roadmap to Reopening journey. We began creating a safe and welcoming environment for worship on June 21 and we have experienced zero community spread of COVID-19. We still don’t know when we’ll arrive at “normal" again. But with every next step we take we learn more about our community and how God is calling us to “fill every neighborhood!”
We know not everyone is ready to return to public gatherings, and there is no pressure - we'll be here when you're ready! We will continue to stream our worship services and offer Online Core Groups for the foreseeable future.
Join us on Sundays at 9 a.m. for classes for all ages and at 10:30 a.m. for worship. No need to pre-register - just come when you can!
Watch this one minute video to get an idea of what you can expect:
Some of our preventative measures include:
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks while onsite, unless leading worship from the stage.
- We will provide hand sanitizer stations and masks for those who wish to use them.
- Clearly marked waiting areas will be available under the portico and in the foyer. Hospitality hosts will direct the traffic flow areas.
- Ushers will direct groups into the sanctuary. Households or those who arrived in the same vehicle may sit together.
- Chairs will be pre-arranged for families and individuals with six feet of separation.
- We will sanitize the restrooms before, during, and after the service.
- Following the service, the ushers will dismiss the congregation one row at a time.
- If/when we have multiple services, we will sanitize all areas between services.
We will be asking everyone to:
- Practice social distancing of six feet.
- Respect the personal space of others with grace.
- Wash hands frequently and/or use the hand sanitizing stations
- Consider wearing a mask to protect others (in case you are unknowingly infected without symptoms yet).
- If, in the past week, you have had a fever over 99.6, a cough, a sore throat, or exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please worship with us online.
Just coming for worship at 10:30 a.m.? Keep reading!
As you approach the building, there will be three socially-distanced lines under the portico. Wait in the line where you would like to sit - near the left, center, or right aisle - unless you have children attending the nursery (see below). People who arrived in the same vehicle may sit together. Our hospitality hosts will let you in the foyer in groups, and then ushers will escort you into the sanctuary.
First Kids Nursery Procedures
- Parents and children will follow the designated walking path to the double doors that open to the nursery hallway.
- At the double doors leading to the nursery hallway, the Nursery Director will take the temperatures of parents and children. If anyone in the family has a temperature greater than 99.6, we will ask you to return home and worship with us online.
- To minimize exposure, parents will not be allowed in the nursery hallway. Staff will take children to their classrooms.
- At the end of the service, the nursery staff will take children to Fellowship Hall. When a parent’s row is dismissed by the ushers, they will follow the designated path to the double doors of the sanctuary that lead to Fellowship Hall.
- The Nursery Director will meet them at the double doors and call for their child via walkie talkie. Their child will be brought to them, and then the parents will return to the dismissal lines exiting the sanctuary.
- We are asking both nursery staff and parents to sign an Acknowledgement Disclosure form in regards to COVID-19 and its risks and their responsibilities in assisting the precautions listed to limit the risks and the spread of COVID-19 to the First Methodist Nursery staff and families.
- If you would like more information about our safety and cleaning protocols, click here to read our procedure document for First Kids Nursery.
Our campus is open for limited weekday activities. The church office is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m - 5 p.m. Groups of up to 15 can meet at the church, while observing social distancing (6 feet of separation between individuals not in the same household). If your group would like to meet at the church, you will need to let us know here.
First Methodist Preschool is in session Monday-Friday
Our Precepts Bible Study is a hybrid model on Wednesday mornings, so join us on Zoom or in the youth room
Core Groups are happening again - mostly online, but we do have a few in-person gatherings if you prefer that option
Wednesday night classes for adults, as well as our fellowship time, will be a later destination. We post updates here, on our social media channels, and we'll send emails as soon as we have more information. Thanks for your faithful perseverance as we road trip together!