Published August 11, 2022 byin
Ken Blanchard’s twelve step to change our hearts to be like Jesus.
- Admit that on more than one occasion I have allowed my ego, needs and my drive for earthly success to negatively impact my role as a leader. My leadership has not been the leadership that Jesus modeled.
- Believe that God can transform my leadership motives, thoughts and actions into the leadership that Jesus modeled.
- Decide to turn my leadership efforts over to God, becoming a disciple of Jesus and the kind of leader He modeled.
- Make a searching and fearless inventory of my own leadership motives, thoughts and behaviors that are inconsistent with leading like Jesus.
- Admit to God, to myself and to at least one other person when I’ve been inconsistent in leading like Jesus in my motives, thinking and behavior.
- Ready myself to have God remove all character defects that keep me from leading like Jesus.
- Humbly ask God to remove my shortcomings and to strengthen me against the temptations of recognition, power, greed and fear.
- Make a list of those people I may have harmed by my ego-driven leadership. Be willing to make amends to them all.
- Make direct amends to such people whenever possible, unless doing so would injure them or others.
- Continue to take a regular, personal inventory regarding my leadership role, and when I am wrong, promptly and specifically admit it.
- Engage in the disciplines of Solitude, Prayer, Study of Scripture and Belief in God’s unconditional love for me in order to align my leadership with what Jesus modeled. Constantly seek ways to be a Jesus-like leader for the people I encounter in my leadership roles.
- Commit myself to carrying the message of leading like Jesus to all those I have an opportunity to influence.